Signing up forms should be simple and short. They should be painless and make setting up an account a no-brainer. I thought HitRSS Signup form was like that. But I guess everything can be improved, optimized and cut to the minimum.
Introducing new, shorter sign up form...
OK, the old sign up form had the following fields: Account name, User's name, email address, user's city and country, time zone and "how did you hear about us?".
That's a total of 7 fields - not all that bad, but still, quite a lot. This is why I decided to simplify the process by giving the user less fields, one email message to confirm their email address and immediate login after confirmation. This is the result:
And here's the whole process step-by-step:
1. When you go to the HitRSS signup form, there are now only three fields to fill out: your name, email address and "how did you hear about us?". That's it. Just three fields:
2. After you've filled out these fields, you will see a confirmation message and an email invitation will be sent to your email address:
3. Ok, so you head on to check your email and you will see a new email message from "HitRSS User Support" with subject: "Confirm your HitRSS Account!" and this text:
4. All you have to do is just to click on this confirmation link and you will be presented with a short confirmation screen, where you will be able to choose your HitRSS account and password:
Note: creating your password is optional, so you can skip this part and HitRSS will generate a password for you. It's all up to you.
5. Done! After you've clicked on the button "confirm data and start using HitRSS" you will automacially be logged in to the HitRSS account and be able to start using it and publishing your new RSS feed and Blog!
I guess the process is easier now, there are a total of 4 obligatory fields to fill out and one clear email confirmation step. Hope this makes signing up for HitRSS easier.
Of course, if you have any problems using your HitRSS account, simply contact us via email.